Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi. 2020 Mar 03
Chinese Association of Rehabilitation Medicine; Respiratory rehabilitation committee of Chinese Association of Rehabilitation Medicine; Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation Group of Chinese Society of Physicai Medicine and Rehabilitation.
COVID-19 is a highly infectious respiratory infection disease, which leads to dysfunction of the respiratory, physical, and psychological of the patients. pulmonary rehabilitation is an important intervention for clinical patients as well as cure patients. With the deeper cognition of COVID-19 and accumulation of clinical experience, we proposed the recommendations for pulmonary rehabilitation of COVID-19 in adults based on the opinions of front-line clinical experts involved in the management of this epidemic and a review of the relevant literature and evidences:
- For the inpatients with COVID-19, pulmonary rehabilitation would relieve the symptoms of dyspnea, anxiety, and depression; eventually improve physical function and the quality of life
- For severe/critical inpatients, the early performance of pulmonary rehabilitation is not suggested.
- For isolating patients, the pulmonary rehabilitation guidence should be conducted through education video, instruction manual or remote consultation.
- Assessment and monitor should be performed throughout the entire pulmonary
- Taking proper grading protection following the guideline.